onsdag 29 juni 2011

Hollis Frampton | Poetic Justice

Envoi

This book swims upstream, to the place where it was spawned. Twenty years ago, when I disbelieved that it would ever be given me to make films, and when I was a lowercase surrealist, and when I believed that filmmaking started, like making love by telephone, with a script... I wrote film scripts. Later, it came time to make a work in seven parts, of which Poetic Justice is the uncomfortable (it doesn't move) second, and to recapitulate some of the history of film art as though it were my own life to recollect.
H.F.
Eaton, New York
July 9, 1973

Preface to the screenplay of Frampton's 1972 film Poetic Justice, published as the book Poetic Justice.
(Rochester, N.Y.: Visual Studies Workshop Press, 1973), ur boken On the Camera Arts and Consecutive Matters, 2009.

Inga kommentarer: